Thursday 31 January 2013

My Week In Tunes ..................
 Here we are again, another week another account of my vocal favourites! This week I have been feeling rather rocky or should I say hello rock, all the same my music of choice this week has provided great opportunities to sing my little heart out while driving. As I have mentioned before I have a very eclectic taste in music so you never know what you will get when you turn on my IPod.

1.  Intervention by Arcade Fire


This has to be one of my all time favourite driving songs playing the louder the better. Love the lyrics, love the music, and love the melody. Arcade fire is a great band over all who offer something different every time they release a song. I remember playing this song on my way home from passing my driving test and it has stock in my car ever since. The only thing I don’t like about this song is the video which accompanies it so apologies if you feel the same. Despite this a definite favourite of mine.

2.  Lightning Bolt By Jack Bugg


What a great new artist. This one of his first releases and it is impressive. It has a 60’s American coming of age sound to it yet he is young and French (I think) and in my opinion very talented.

3.  Time to Pretend by MGMT


MGMT are one of those bands for me that released a brilliant first album and did not follow up with anything near as good. This song is catchy and very sing along friendly with its electric undertone and provocative lyrics. Another tune played the louder the better.
4.  Fans by Kings of Leon


By far one of the best Kings of Leon songs so far. Many people comment that they cannot understand the lyrics and this is probably true for me and I am probably singing the complete wrong lyrics as I drive my little car along to work. Despite this again I <3 it! The band is on a break seemingly so I look forward to hearing some of the new material.


 5.  We Are Young by Fun 
 

I always sing this ALWAYS. It is a reminder that I am in fact young and have lots to sing about (“,). It is a happy song with great tempo, fabulous lyrics and I simply find it a little uplifting! Another driving favourite! Not a bad video accompanying this tune either. Enjoy!


With the volume turned up and no one hear me only myself I continue to sing along to all these little tunes. Hope you found one or two songs that just might become your favourite.


What have you been listening to this week? I would love to hear some of your suggestions. Please leave a comment and I will be replying ASAP!
Have a good Thursday

Xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Ya Archie's Girls is an amazing range, I want the all the products, the eye liner is my new best friend :) LOVE IT!!
    Oh and I love these songs. I'm playing Gold Dust by DJ Fresh over and over at the moment, puts me in a great mood and gets me in the party mood :) xx

    ReplyDelete