Thursday 3 January 2013

January - It Is Not So Blue!!




January - It Is Not So Blue!!

January is traditionally a month for well nothing! Long, normally wet, dark days were you venture out in the dark and home in the dark. Good intensions of exercise and denying yourself of anything sweet, creamy or in any way tasty leave it a pretty bleak month.  With this in mind and a secret little stash in my piggy bank I had planned to treat myself to a few little cosmetics to fulfil the beauty junkie’s cravings within me.  In the run up to Christmas 2012 I had ensured I had the entire gift requirements for others covered and all the festive and January financial needs planned for. Now it was time to treat myself to a few little bits and pieces. I researched and looked at many blogs and vlogs and equipped myself with a wish list that would make any self respecting beauty product junkie blush. My final purchases are as follows:
  • ·         Dior Skin Nude Tan –Nude Glow Sun Powder in 002 (bronzer)
  • ·         Dior Skin Nude Shimmer in 001 (highlighter)
  • ·         MAC Prep+Prime BB (Beauty Balm) SPF 35 in light (new to MAC) 
  • ·         MAC Penultimate Eye Liner Liquid in Rapid Black ( liquid eyeliner – an essential in my make up bag)
  • ·         MAC Pigment in Vanilla ( read such good reviews had to try it out)
  • ·         MAC Mineralise Tinted Lip Balm in Stay Warm! ( new collection)
  • ·         Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 Rose Shimmer ( hard to decide on the shade they three shades are fabulous)
  • ·         Nails Inc Bling It On Leather and Skulls Polish and Embellishments Set  (not for the faint hearted but ever so funky)

O.k., admittedly I may have gone a little O.T.T but oh what a turnaround I am hoping to make of this January. I can’t wait to try out each and every one of these little gems and form my opinion on what were must haves to me. I may be broke for the next few weeks (o.k. maybe a month or 2) but at least my skin will be bronzed and highlighted and my lips mineralised and perfected. I am liking January 2013 a little more.


 Happy January - Week 1 

XOXO 

1 comment:

  1. haha I've done that a few times, bought loads of beauty products and was broke for the next week, but its so worth it, you might feel bad for being broke but you'll feel better cause you look amazing :)
    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete