Thursday 28 February 2013


February Favourites

Well that month simply fly by in flash. It is no nice to finally see the spring to show it face even only for a few minutes at a time. The weather may be still very chilly and extremely unpredictable but the days defiantly seem to hold a little more day light. I love this time of year. As I mentioned before I have a growing appreciation for plants and flowers and I love that the little daffodils are beginning to show their little yellow faces!!

Anyway as February draws to an end I am pleased to tell you all about my favourite products I have been using this month. This month see’s a mixture of body/face care and make up. As always I would just like to tell you that I have tried each and every one of these products myself and my opinions are based on my experience of the products. Seeing as spring is on the way I have started upping my body care routine so I will start here....

1.     Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Honey Drops Body Cream 

€17.25 for 250ml



I love this body cream. It is really rich and smells amazing. It is gentle on your skin and leaves the skin unbelievably soft. It dries in really fast; it is almost like your skin simply drinks the moisture. It defiantly softens smoothes and condition the skin. The Green tea extract is perfect for sensitive or dry skin as it acts to calm the skin and nourish it at the same time. The cream is rich so you only need a little amount at a time meaning the 250 ml tube goes a long way, I have been using it for well over 2 months now.

2.   Benefit It’s Potent Eye Cream 

€30.55 for 14.2g 




This eye cream was purchased as part of a trial size set. I written a post on the full set so if you want to have a look at the post just click on ME!
This eye cream is said to help the appearance of fine lines, dark circles and other nasty aging tell tale sign. It is rich and cooling on the eye area.  Benefit claims this cream help restore elasticity & firmness, a blend of hydrating botanical extracts including apple extract, known to help boost collagen. It is correctly named “it’s potent” as it is rich. It is really hydrating and over all I have had a really good experience with this eye cream. I have bought another benefit trial size kit with different products but it contains this eye cream again which I am so happy about.
I believe it is trial and error until you find the correct eye cream or skin care products that suit you and your skin type but this little potent pot is good place to start. 

3.     L’occitane Hand Cream in Cherry Blossom 30ml




With the weather still chilly and ever changeable a good hand cream is a must in my hand bag. I simply love all L’occitane products but the hand cream is just amazing. Enriched with shea butter, this creamy and non-greasy moisturiser nourishes and protects hands, leaving them delicately scented. It contains cherry extract so smells amazing. A little treat your hands deserve. 


4.     Real Techniques Expert Brush 




There is not much I can say about this fabulous face brush that has not been already been said and I have to admit all the positive reviews are spot on and completely correct. It is just a great face brush. It is light weight and has the perfect handle for gripping. It buffs makeup on the skin so well. It allows you to apply for foundation flawlessly leaving a lovely dewy look.  It is ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut. I love this range of brushes and am building my collection nicely. I actually like this brush so much that I want to add another one to my collection so when I was one and have it drying naturally for a day or 2 I will not be without one to use!!. Addicted much? (“,)

5.     Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector . 



Once again a product carries in my hand bag at all times and in 2 shades.  I have this product in shades 01 Rose Shimmer and 03 Nude Shimmer.
This Lip gel is really light weight with a brilliant 3d shimmer and shine. It is lightly pigmented leaving your lips bright and shiny with your chosen colour. This product also conditions your lips really well. It is by far one of my most favourite lip products at the moment. 

With a lot of focus on skin care this month I have enjoyed using all of these products so much. I love mixing up my body care products. I hope you find one or two products that you may like to try.
Have you found any products this month that you have been really enjoying using? Please share with your finds with me by leaving a comment.

Am off to begin my search for my new favourites for next month!

Xoxo 







4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I want to buy the It's Potent eye cream - I have circles, puffiness and tired lines and if it hydrates like you say, my eyes are saved. Apart from the trial pack (I don't need the Porefessional), do they sell the trial size or just the full size? Thanks!
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya,
    It is a good product, and yes it is available in a full size. From what you say in your comment though can I suggest another eye cream. I have also experienced what you describe and I found Clinique New Repairwear Laser Focus excellent. I use it lots. It is very rich and potent so a little goes a long way. Here is link for info.
    have a lovely wkd and thanks for comment
    xoxo

    http://www.clinique.com/cms/whats_new/wn_rwlf_eyecream.tmpl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of the Real Techniques buffing brush, would be really interested to try the expert face brush after such a glowing review of it!

    Elise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant recommend this brush enough, I have spend silly money on expensive brushes this is my favourite by far. I have the buffing brush (it came in the set I bought) I must try it out more.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete