Wednesday 20 February 2013


My Week In Tunes
Been a little while since I done “the music I am listening to this week” post so I decided to do it now! This week has been really busy but as always I find the time for a tune or three to sing my little heart out to or just hum along to in the bath!
1.  Pink Ft Nate Ruess – Give Me A Reason
First up, this week I heard this collaboration between Pink and Nate Ruess from the band Fun. I really loved this song on the first listen so much so I had to pull over the car and Shazam it yet again. Love that app by the way – another great little find. Pink always offers the listener a good pop song but this is a little better than her usual offering in my opinion. It has a great melody, lovely lyrics and is perfect for a good old’ sing-a-long. I am fan of Nate Ruess from the band Fun as so far the band have offered catchy tunes that side step the teeny poppy usual tunes found in the charts at the moment. I do think that his voice is so similar to Mika but over all I really like this tune. One of the best of 2013 so far!
2.  Hootie and The Blowfish – Let Her Cry
Not many people would be familiar with this band and if you are not then I highly recommend that you go have a listen to them as they are just great. An American band from the 1990’s who offer fresh, well thought out songs that are accompanied by excellent music. I have liked this band for years. While adding music to my ITunes collection during the week this song came on. Have a listen it is really nice.
3.  Fatboy Slim - Right Here Right Now
Little bit different from my previous choices this week but still a good one none the less. I have been trying to incorporate more activity into my daily routine and this tune always helps to motivate me. It is a great up tempo tune from a few years ago. Not a fan of the video but love the tune.
4.  Stevie Wonder – Superstition


This song is my favourite driving tune this week. It is simply a classic. Funky, upbeat and perfect to dance along to anytime. I love this song as it just reminds me of summer time and long sunny days (the few that we do get and if am honest sitting in a beer garden drinking a cheeky cold cider) – defiantly a tune that will stay in my car stereo for a while.
5.    One Direction – Kiss You
What can I say who does not like One Direction at the moment even if only a little bit! I still can’t believe it when I see them on TV as one of the band members are from my home town and all I can say is he was always a nice guy from what I knew of him. This is the only one of their songs that I just love and always turn up the volume. It is just a happy song with a great vibe. Despite the fact that I feel a little old (ok a lot old) in comparison the band or the majority of their fans I think fair play to them and keep doing what they are doing.
That is it for my favourite tunes for this week. Hope you find one or two that you might now grow to love. What are you listening to this week? Please do leave a comment and tell me your recommendation I love to hear them.
Happy Listening
XOXO 








No comments:

Post a Comment