Friday 22 February 2013


Naked Skin
I seem to be constantly on the lookout for a perfect foundation and my journey has brought me to the “Naked” look. I have tried two foundations that claim to help you achieve this look and want to share my experience!
  • Urban Decay Naked Skin


I was introduced to this foundation last year by my sister who insisted I simply had to try this fabulous new make up! Off I popped to the Urban Decay counter with my new found knowledge to treat myself to the Naked Skin foundation. Available in 18 different shades taking advice I decided upon shade 4.0. This foundation’s formula is oil-free, paraben-free, and fragrance-free, which are all huge positives in my book. Again on advice I purchased the GOOD KARMA OPTICAL BLURRING BRUSH.

This brush is amazing! It buffs and blurs the foundation perfectly and I have been using it with lots of products. I highly recommend this brush even if you don’t use the Urban Decay foundation.
When I applied this foundation I found I did not need a setting powder and it did not dry out my skin at all. For the first couple of hours of wearing the foundation people actually commented on how well it looked. It gives your skin a lovely glow and is in not heavy or cakey in any way.
The problem I found with this foundation was that as the hrs went by it wore off and not in a great way! It got slightly patchy and I really did not like the look that appeared. I did try to reapply foundation but still found it difficult to achieve my dewy flawless look I had that morning! This foundation is a good foundation I just think it may not be for me. I will try it again and maybe will have a different experience. In theory and initial practice the foundation is really nice; I just need to ensure that this look lasts a few hours more!

Revlon Nearly Naked Range

I have to admit I am newbie Revlon fan with the Lip Butter being the catalyst to my liking of this brand. It was this new liking combined with my never ending search for the perfect foundation that suits me that lead me to purchasing the Nearly Naked Foundation in shade 150 Nude and the accompanying Pressed Powder Compact in shade 030 Medium. I absolutely love the whole idea and concept of “the naked” looks makeup and has tried and test other brands offerings such as Urban Decay Naked Skin.
My first impressions of this offering from Revlon was good – on sight it is really well presented as in  has plain white packaging with a clear bottle so you can see the liquid foundation and the powder inside. I liked this as it fitted nicely into the whole naked look I was hoping to achieve.
Using a real techniques expert brush I poured what I thought was too liquid on to the back of my hand before using my brush to apply it. First off I would highly recommend using a brush like this as the liquid is a little runny and the brush is just cleaner and prevents you applying too much. The foundation itself went on really well. It does take a fair bit of buffing to get it absorbed into your skin due to the consistency of the liquid. Once it is buffed in you realise you really do only need a very small of foundation to cover your whole face. The colour is natural looking and has a lovely dewy finish. It has staying power and I did not have to top it up all day. I really like this foundation and I will continue to use it.
I also purchased the pressed powder compact in shade 030 medium. Again, presented really well in a plain white compact with a small mirror. I found this pressed powder a nice shade that matched my skin really well. However, it is a slightly heavy powder and when applied over the foundation it was a little heavy looking for my taste. I now use this powder over a BB cream and it is really good. It provides a really fresh faced look and adds a little texture to the BB cream and defiantly adds to the long lasting desired look I was hoping to achieve.

Over all I am enjoying using the Revlon Naked range. In my opinion it is a welcome change to the traditional full coverage foundations out there. I love the natural look and with the spring summer season just inches away fresh faces are a must in my book.
Have you tried any foundations you found to be fabulous? If so please do share your finds with me by leaving a comment......I am always looking for a new foundation.
Have a lovely weekend....
Xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment