Thursday 8 August 2013

Bronzer - Glow or No

Bronzer - Glow or Go 


One of my favorite makeup items I really enjoying using during the spring summer months is bronzer. There are so many bronzers, powder or liquid, it is not the easiest task to find the correct bronzer for your skin type or skin tone. I have tried many but I tend to always return to my favorites. Like many other bloggers and cosmetic junkies out there I enjoy using the cult favorite that is Nars Laguna – A bronzer I have mentioned many times in various other blog post, for example click here
In this post I am going to give you my opinions on two of my current favourite bronzers, one from the high end of the market and one from the drug store lower price range.

Diorskin Nude – Natural Radiance Bronzing Powder



This product is high end meaning that is from a designer brand and is a little more expensive. This is bronzer is designed to adjust to the users skin tone therefore giving a more natural glow to the skin. It comes with a kabuki brush for application. It is available in 6 shades – 3 very natural shades and 3 darker shades to give a deeper warm bronzed look.
This is a great multitasking product that you can use year-round because it's not too intense and looks very natural. I find this bronzer simply a delight to use. It really does achieve its aim in that it provides the most natural bronzed glow. I use shade 002 Amber  and I find this shade really suits my skin tone. It is excellent for a bronzed glow all over the face and neck, it is suitable for day wear yet can be built upon to achieve a deeper glow as night wear (or to achieve a heavier makeup look). The pigmentation is good, it is natural yet rich. In short it gives your skin a really pretty sun kissed glow.
The packaging for this product is very enticing and does definitely make you look twice. It is delivered in a hard sliver Dior branded circular casing. Inside is a compact mirror and as mentioned this product comes with a mini kabuki brush. This brush is good in so far as it’s convenient to carry around in your handbag but I mainly use a powder brush for application. I really like the packaging but the one fault I would have with it is that it is a little heavy.
Over all I am enjoying using this product and I would recommend it if you are in search of a very natural looking bronzer that is kind on your skin and provides a sun kissed glow. Priced at €40 approximately it is an investment product but in my opinion a worthy bronzer for your makeup collection. For more info here


Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder



This bronzing powder falls in to the lower end of the price range priced at approximately €8.99 it is, in my opinion, a real bargain. This product looks good, works well and smells divine! Not bad for a drug store product. I use Peaux 52 which I have found to really suit my skin tone. As a bronzer it is designed to provide a subtly iridescent glow. The shade/colour is natural and in no way orange. It is packed with tiny little gold flecks that to that sun kissed glow what we all hope to achieve by using a bronze. It is slightly richer in pigmentation then the Diorskin Nude Bronzer mentioned above and it can be built upon to achieve a richer, darker glow if desired. It lasts on the skin which is always a bonus. This product is an excellent multi task product for example I find that this product is excellent to use when contouring the skin (skin bones, attempting to slim down certain area of the face etc).

The packaging is simple - hard cardboard with a magnetic strip for secure closure. This packaging protects the product but be careful it does not get wet as I am guessing liquid would may damage the packaging. Another little added bonus of using this product is the smell. Not only does this product look like chocolate it also smells like chocolate! In short this product looks good, smells good and works really good. What more could you ask for – defiantly worth a try.
For more info here

Both of these products are worth the fuss and individually they have many good points and I have really been enjoying using both products. I hope you find this post helpful.

What bronzers have you used and really enjoyed? Please leave a comment below telling me, as I have shared many times I love to try new products and hear your feedback.


Almost the weekend (“,) ……

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment