Monday 6 May 2013


MAC Temperature Rising Collection 2013



O.K by now it is really clear that I am a massive fan of all things MAC. I am also a great fan of the bronzers and highlighters so you can imagine my excitement when I heard of the summer 2013 MAC Collection Temperature Rising. The theme of this collection is heat, summer, and bronzed skin; pink both light and dark, beige and a little sparkle. The complete range offers:

·         Lipsticks
·         Lipglass
·         PowerChrome Eye Pencil
·         Bare My Soul Eyeshadow Quad
·         Temperature Rising Eyeshadow Quad
·         Powder Blush
·         Pro Longware Bronzer
·         Strobe Liquid
·         Bronzing Oil
·         Brush - 167SE Face Blender
·         Nail Lacquer



All products come in limited edition packaging -a coffee / chocolate brown colour with Matt to velvety finish.
All of the products in this range really fulfil so many of my favourite makeup looks it was genuinely difficult to decide what to purchase. Difficult or not I managed to decide on a few items!
Strobe Liquid Lotion


As I mentioned a few times I love a good highlighter and this is a new type of highlighter for me. This liquid acts as a fabulous illuminator on the skin; it defuses the light and add’s shimmer to the skin while removing any signs of imperfections or uneven skin texture. It goes on to the skin really smoothly and spreads very evenly. It I have only used it twice since purchase and I LIKE IT! I used it on my cheek bones and dotted a little along my collar bone and top of my cleavage – it gave a lovely shimmer. Like a lot of MAC products a little goes a long way. I am genuinely looking forward to using this product over the summer.

Bronzing Powder


Each year I purchase a MAC Bronzer and use every last bit of it. I usually purchase the matt non shimmer bronzer (usually called nude on board) but this year I purchased the bronzer with a touch of glitter/shimmer titled “Refined Golden”. This bronzer is lightly frosted with gives a golden delicate finish. It has a natural finish that is not too sharp, can be built upon for a stronger look. I have used it to lift my make up look by adding a little colour or to intensive my tan (when I have faked it up!). In my opinion a MAC bronzer is tough to beat!
Powder Blush


This collection  offers 2 warm shades which again I found hard to choose between. I settled on “hot nights”. This shade is a mid-term berry pink that is so rich and warm. It appears a little dark in the packaging but once applied it is so nice and not at all harsh. Like all MAC blush it is long wearing, can be built up for richer tones and highly pigmented. I love this shade matched to the lipstick choice below.

Lipstick



(Feel My Pulse)

As a nice companion to the blush above I chose the Crème sheen Lipstick in Feel My Pulse. This shade of lippy is so difficult to describe, seeing it on is really required. Officially it is described as a vivid magenta violet. To me it is like a dark rich berry shade with dark pink undertones. The crème sheen texture leaves the lips soft and I find it really moisturising on the lips. The colour is long lasting and has softness to it rather than a shimmer. This is my favourite lippy at the moment.
  
(Altered Beige)

This lipstick is of the Lustre variety meaning that is gives a fabulous sheen to the lips. The shade is very delicate and light. It is creamy yellow beige that, in my opinion, would suit almost all skin tones. I intend to wear this lipstick as day wear primarily but also as night wear for a makeup look that focuses on eyes and lashes.  This is the perfect lipstick to have as staple in your handbag.
                                             
 I honestly could have bought and used all the products in this range as I simply loved them all. Unfortunately the purse strings so not allow for such treats but I am delighted with my choices. May the sun begin to shine and the summer days roll on but I have to admit even if it rains I will be sun kissed and bronzed thanks my faithful friend that is MAC.        

XOXO 

                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment